Monday, September 20, 2010

Peace and Serenity, Re-loaded!!!!


In August I went back and took some of St. Andrew's Abbey home with me. I have rooted (put a twig from their tree in a pot to make a plant) several cuttings I took from their Manzanita trees and am hoping they'll grow on my property one day. Did you know that cuttings are actual clones of the original tree, not offspring, but a genetic replica? That's why I needed these cuttings, so I can keep my favorite place with me at my own property, which is often lacking in Godliness and serenity. I am hoping God will forgive me.

The branches of the Manzanita are smooth-barked because the upper layer of bark is constantly peeling off in curls, like chocolate curls. The colors of the branches are cinnamon, olive green, and the leaves are sage green. It's a beautiful tree, my favorite, and the fact that they had so many here was even more proof that Valyermo is my spiritual home.

No comments:

Post a Comment